Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day as I hope everyone did! Hali for several days had been asking me when Mother's day was. So when she woke up Sunday morning she was ecstatic to be able to give me my presents!! Hali made sure I opened her gifts first which included a cute little saying with her hand print on it from preschool, and a couple of homemade cards she had made with grandma Kathy. They were both all so adorable! Mike (along with Lexi, Tori, and Gage) gave me a really cute pink sweat outfit from Victoria's Secret. It is so cute! The only problem is the pants are at least 6 inches to long..... Not a surprise with my "tall" stature. So I am going to wash them and then have them hemmed. Thanks for the wonderful gifts from my wonderful family!

We then got ready and went to breakfast. As we were eating Hali reached over and gave me a whole bunch of kisses, and then said "I am trying to make this the best mother's day ever for my mommy"! How cute is that!

We then had everyone over for dinner at our house. It was alot of fun. The kids stayed outside playing on the swing set and trampoline the whole time. Madison and Alexis had to fight over the "baby swing". When it was dinnertime they even ate outside on the picnic table under the swing.

I am definitely so grateful that I became a mother over five years ago! It was the best thing that has ever happened in my life. I love my two little girls and step-kids more than anything in the world.

I want to again say Happy Mother's day to my Mom. I am so thankful for her being a wonderful mom and teaching me how to be a good mom to my girls. Thanks for everything you have done for us!!
The same kudos also goes to my grandmother's and mother-in-law for being awesome mothers and examples to me.

xoxo
Angie

1 comment:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Hi down there. Lovely post. Thanks for entertaining!