Friday, March 20, 2009

Toothless

In the last few days Hali has lost her two bottom teeth. They have been loose since we got home from vacation. Grandpa Gary and Dad have been trying to let get her to let them pull them out..... the obvious answer to that was "no way"! Sunday Mike and I were watching a movie in the basement when Hali came down and said,



"It fell out!"



Me and Mike, obviously into the Batman movie said, "what fell out?"



Hali said, "my tooth, it just fell out while I was eating my cookie and watching Noggin."

MINUS TOOTH NUMBER ONE!




She was so excited, and then we reminded her that the tooth fairy would be coming and she couldn't wait for bedtime. We asked her how much money she thought the tooth fairy would bring and she said, "Two dollars."



That night we put her tiny little tooth in a baggy and put it under her pillow. The next morning she came running into my room to tell me that the tooth fairy had brought not only two dollars, but she had "brought five bucks!" Wow those five one dollar bills look like a lot of money to a five year old.



The next tooth came out.... well, I am not sure when. As Hali was laying in bed next to me on Wednesday morning I noticed that the second bottom tooth was gone. I asked her if she had lost her other tooth and she said no. I told her to look in the mirror and she said, "Oh yea, there are two pink spots there now!" I went and searched her bed and the floor around it and couldn't find it anywhere.... hmm.

MINUS TOOTH NUMBER ONE AND TWO


Well that night the tooth fairy still made it and brought another 'five bucks'. So "she" must have found it somewhere!!

I think she looks cute without her teeth, but today she was looking in the mirror (which is done quite frequently at our house) and she said, "mom do I look funny without my teeth?" I replied of course not your beautiful, but if she had asked me about her outfit.... I would have said yes! She had on one of her "princess" outfits on. This consisted of a nightgown, black "high heels" (aka: church shoes), a pink heart headband, a princess crown, a bracelet on each ankle with balloons tied to them, a white fluffy skirt, along with several of my rings and bracelets on. So no Hali you do not look "funny" without teeth!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

No way! How is she even remotely old enough to lose 2 teeth! Way to go Hali!

I really would like to schedule a pedicure together -- what's your work schedule like???